Transfer news LIVE:
- Manchester United are closing in on Sporting Lisbon star Bruno Fernandes after Manchester City ruled themselves out of contention for the player
- Liverpool and PSG are battling it out for Matthijs de Ligt as Mino Raiola looks to earn his client a bumper deal
- Chelsea finally look set to lose Eden Hazard after Real Madrid agreed a fee for the Belgian
James medical underway
Manchester United look close to announcing Daniel James as their first transfer of the summer after he arrived for his medical this morning.
The 21-year-old has travelled to Carrington and was spotted at the United training base at 7.30am, according to the Daily Mail.
James will complete his medical before joining up with the Wales squad for their clash with Croatia on Saturday.
The £15m winger had been linked with moves to Monaco, Leicester, Newcastle and Everton in recent weeks.
But it appears United have finally won the race for his signature
Liverpool enquire over Pepe
Liverpool are yet to make an offer for Lille ace Nicolas Pepe.
That’s according to journalist Duncan Castles, who says the Reds have merely enquired about the French-Ivorian’s availability.
Pepe, 24, is attracting attention from the Premier League after scoring 21 goals in 36 appearances for Lille this term.
“They have made an enquiry with Lille’s forward Nicolas Pepe,” Castles told The Transfer Window podcast.
Fernandes to United close
Manchester United have seemingly been given the all clear to complete a move for Bruno Fernandes with Manchester City pulling out of the race.
Sporting Lisbon’s Fernandes has been identified as a priority target but the Portuguese star’s impressive displays this season mean he is a wanted man across Europe.
Manchester City have also been strongly linked with the 24-year-old, who bagged 31 goals for his club across all competitions.
But according to Portuguese newspaper A Bola, City sources have confirmed to them they are no longer interested, meaning United have a free run at signing the young talent.
“Manchester City are not and have never been interested in the player Bruno Fernandes. They do not and does not intend to make any offer for the player,” a City source is quoted as saying by A Bola.
De Ligt to Liverpool gathers pace
Liverpool and PSG have overtaken Barcelona in the race to sign Ajax star Matthijs de Ligt.
Sport claim these two teams appeal most to agent Mino Raiola, who feels that the Spanish club won’t meet his demands.
Liverpool have been cut by the bookmakers to land De Ligt this summer.
And Virgil van Dijk has even talked up the prospect of a transfer while on international duty this week.
Hazard deal edges closer
Eden Hazard is finally set to seal his move to Real Madrid after they reportedly agreed an £88.5m deal with Chelsea, plus add-ons.
The Belgium international has been linked with a move to Real Madrid for months and now it looks like the transfer will happen.
The Guardian claim the Blues have finally agreed to sell the 28-year-old, who has just one year remaining on his contract.
It was believed that the Premier League side wanted closer to £115m for Hazard, but it seems they have decided to sell for less.
Willian to stay at Blues
Willian looks set to become the latest player to sign a new contract at Chelsea.
Callum Hudson-Odoi, currently recovering from Achilles surgery, will sign a new five-year deal worth around £100,000-a-week to finally end speculation about his future.
And Willian looks set to follow suit and sign a new two-year deal as Chelsea continue to prepare for the prospect of a transfer embargo.
The club tore up their policy of only offering one extra year to players over 30 when they handed David Luiz a new two-year deal last month.