Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has plans to sign two more strikers to bolster his front line.
The Norwegian has allowed both Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez to leave for Inter Milan.
That leaves him with just Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial as his attacking options, but Solskjaer has spoken regularly about blooding Mason Greenwood into the first team picture.
Nevertheless the United boss still wants more in attack and is looking to add a predatory striker as well as Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho.
The German club weren’t prepared to even come to the negotiation table when it came to their English starlet this summer.
Solskjaer is prepared to ride it out for another 12 months before making another attempt at signing the 19-year-old.
Sancho has already notched two goals in as many Bundesliga games, and that clinical streak is something he believes has cost his side this season.
“It’s about taking the chances,” he said ahead of Saturday’s trip to Southampton.
“We have created enough in the first three games to have nine points so we have to be more clinical.
“At the moment we are creating, but of course you are always looking for someone to improve us and we did and we were looking.
“And as I said on the way back from tour, we were still looking for one replacement for Romelu if he went.
“We are one down to be fair, but we didn’t just find the right one. We didn’t find the answer that we wanted.”
United chased Juventus’ Paulo Dybala earlier this summer, but the move failed to materialise after the Argentine made excessive wage demands.
Martial’s injury today may see Greenwood thrust into the starting XI as United look to bounce back from their shock defeat to Crystal Palace.