Aug 21st, 2019 by ‘holic
Hello all. Have you had a long hard day or night and don’t have the time or inclination to go through the newsfeeds for your Arsenal news. Let me help you out.
Guendouzi Extension Sought
Numerous sources (originally the Daily Mail I believe) are reporting that Matteo Guendouzi is close to signing a new five-year deal that will double his wages from £35k a week. The young Frenchman has impressed at the start of this season having got that difficult first year in the Premier League under his belt.
Rob Holding To Feature
The Mail also report that Rob Holding is expected to play 90 minutes for the U23s against Everton on Friday night. The central defender played for an hour against Blackburn Rovers at the same level last Monday.
Mesut Offers Advice To Young Guns
Arsenal.com runs an interview with Mesut Ozil with advice pertinent to Joe Willock and Reiss Nelson as they fight to establish themselves in the first team.
“I just want to say that the most important thing is to believe in yourself. Of course you have some days when it doesn’t go so well but you have to believe in yourself, keep working and the most important thing is to have fun.”
…And Returns To Training
Following his carjacking ordeal Mesut has returned to training and should be available for the trip to Anfield on Saturday for the meeting of the top two in the Premier League.
Important Travel News For Saturday
For those of you heading to Liverpool this weekend this from the official Liverpool site.
Fans travelling to Anfield for Liverpool versus Arsenal on Saturday August 24 are advised to plan their journey in advance and arrive at the stadium early to avoid delays.
Supporters should be aware that there will be disruption to the Merseyrail network on Saturday due to planned strike action. A reduced train service will run across the Merseyrail network:
- There will be no trains running on the Kirkby, Ellesmere Port or Hunts Cross lines during the strike action.
- Most services will run between the hours of 7am and 7pm. However, there will be a break in service during the middle of the day.
- Some stations will be closed.
- The Soccerbus will not be in operation on Saturday as trains will not be stopping at Sandhills station. Fans should instead use the 917 express service (Stagecoach) from Lime Street to and from the Stadium. The 501 and 502 services (Peoplesbus) will also be in operation post-match, departing from Walton Breck Road to Lime Street station. LFC fan support will be on hand to assist should you have any queries.
- Fans are also advised that emergency gas works will be undertaken from Friday August 23 until early next week affecting Queens Drive at the junction of East Prescot Road. Fans should take alternative routes in order to avoid road closures and delays.
Let me know if you think the news in brief would be be a useful ongoing feature in the drinks. Thank you.
Leave a Reply
Original article: https://goonerholic.com/2019/08/arsenal-news-in-brief/